DRRA Covid-19 Registration Procedure and Pool Usage Enforcement
Suspension and Disciplinary Committee
Dear DRRA Members:
We are sorry for posting this open letter to the DRRA Website, but wanted
everyone to know that effective immediately, we are going to more aggressively
enforce DRRA’s COVID-19 Registration Procedures and Pool Usage standard protocol.
The Board would have preferred not to do this, but we are unfortunately finding instances of members “gaming” the registration system to their own benefit in violation of the spirit of the community, treating the manager and staff in an abusive or very disrespectful way, and flagrantly violating pool rules imposed on Donaldson Run by the Governor of Virginia and the Arlington County Health Board. Here are several examples:
• Violating the 3 swims per week rule, established to give all 600 member families some opportunity to have pool time;
• Screaming, yelling, and being very disrespectful to the manager and staff.
• Several weeks ago, users of the wading pool brought food with them (which we cannot allow because of COVID-19 rules), didn’t want to leave on time, and ended up dumping the food into the wading pool to express their displeasure; and
• Bullying and harassing through excessive complaining—calling the pool number more than 20 times in one day while also calling the Manager’s phone multiple times and sending countless emails (unfortunately, this has happened on multiple occasions).
The good news is nearly all of our members understand the difficult situation we are all in with COVID-19, agree that safety is our top goal, and support maximizing all members’ opportunities to get in the pool, our staff’s efforts to keep the pool as clean as humanly possible and abide by all state and county-imposed requirements. The entire
Board of Directors deeply thanks everyone for their positive support at such a
For everyone’s benefit, we remind you of DRRA’s discipline procedures:
1. Members’ pool privileges will be immediately suspended for 7 Days for any infraction by the General Manager, with no appeal.
The Board voted unanimously for the below resolution in July.
We urge aggressive enforcement of the 7-day immediate suspension of pool membership of members and their families who are disrespectful and/or hostile, to the manager, pool staff, and other DRRA members. We also want to
signal those who regularly break the registration rules that their actions are hurting other DRRA members.
The suspension of pool privileges for 7 days (starting from the date of the infraction) cannot be appealed. Violators will have their pool membership number blocked from making any reservations until the seven days are up and all registrations already made for that period will be cancelled.
2. Multiple offenders will be forwarded to the DRRA Board Disciplinary Committee: Multiple violations or single violations rising to the occasion of being a really “big deal” will be sent to the Disciplinary Committee for prompt action. The committee can extend suspensions, can end the violator’s use of the pool for the remainder of the summer, and can impose even more onerous consequences.
We hope there will be no need to use any of these disciplinary tools. Despite the pandemic, we are all working to further build our DRRA community . But we cannot allow dishonorable actions by a few members to damage what DRRA has built over the decades.
DRRA Board of Directors
The new swim reservations system is now available. To make reservations, please select Membership->Make a Reservation. Make sure you have the latest browser version or membersplash will not work correctly.
Dear Donaldson Run Families –
In preparation for moving to a new swim reservations process, all active members must accept the COVID-19 waiver in our on-line membership system. We have set up the COVID-19 waiver just like annual dues registration. All of your Accounts have been set to “Unpaid” to trigger this process. When you log in, you will receive a message saying:
Your Account is not paid for the current season. To make a payment click here.
Click on the link to review and accept the COVID-19 waiver for all members on your account. There is no charge as all of your accounts are already paid in full. Select any payment method to review and submit your order. The payment method will be ignored. Upon completion, your account will be set back to “Paid” status, and you will have access to the new swim reservations process when it is launched later this week.
PLEASE NOTE: You will not be able to reserve swim time without first accepting the COVID-19 waiver on-line.
If you have any trouble with this process, please send an email to email@example.com.
Dear Donaldson Run Families –
DRRA will open on Monday, June 1st in accordance with Phase 1 of Governor Northam’s Forward Virginia Guidelines which restrict the use of the pool to swimming only, one swimmer per lane. All other amenities are unavailable during Phase 1, including, but not limited to diving boards, the baby pool, basketball, boot camp, water aerobics, private swim & dive lessons, snack bar services, lounging on the pool deck, and all social events.
The SignUpGenius reservation system opens Sunday, May 31st at 3:00 p.m. Access here: Swimming Reservations
Reservations to swim are required and can be made 1 day in advance starting at 3:00 p.m.
A SignUpGenius account is not required to use the system. A link can also be found in the Log In section of www.drra.org. A free SignUpGenius Mobile App is available at the AppStore or GooglePlay. The creator email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reservations require members to agree to waive, release, and hold harmless DRRA, its Board members, directors, officers, agents, employees, staff, vendors and volunteers from all claims relating to COVID-19 arising out of the use of DRRA by you or individuals included in your Membership. The full text of the waiver is included on the DRRA web-site through this link: DRRA COVID-19 Waiver.
The following reservation instructions are online as well:
- Reservations are available to SHAREHOLDERS AND FULL SUMMER MEMBERS ONLY. NO GUESTS ARE PERMITTED.
- A family member ages 18 or above must make the reservations for any individuals in their membership under age 18, due to acknowledgment of the Waiver.
- Swimmers must be at least 8 years old and must be able to 1) swim independently, 2) not use lane lines for support, and 3) stay alone in their assigned lane.
- Your MEMBER ID is required to make a reservation.
- Swimming is by online reservation only; no phone calls or emails.
- One swimmer per lane. (VA Governors Executive Order)
- Each individual must have their own reservation.
- Each individual is limited to 1 swim per day, and no more than 4 swims per week (Sunday thru Saturday).
- Reservation time slots are 45-min; the pool will be cleared by 40-min after the hour, due to policies and procedures that must be followed due to Phase 1 of Governor Northam’s Executive Order.
- Late arrivals may not extend their reservation past the time originally allotted.
- No rain checks for missed reservations or shortened swims due to inclement weather.
- If you cannot attend at your reserved time, you must cancel online. “No Shows” who do not cancel in advance online will be limited in making future reservations.
- No substitutions. Only the individual who matches the swimmer’s name on the reservation may enter.
- Only individuals with reservations will be allowed inside the gates. Accompanying family members and/or nannies must wait in the parking lot; they may not congregate near the entry or exit.
Please plan on responding to health screening questions and a temperature scan at the pool. Detailed information about this and more can be found in the online system.